FEMALE VARIANT OF PIETRO. IT DERIVES FROM THE ARAMAIC KEPHAS ANS MEANS “STONE”.
“I always thought that the concept of Home was unrelated to its location; home for me is an intimate interaction with myself and with my surrounding, it´s a place/non-place that becomes strictly essential whenever a material house doesn’t exist”.
My research started very soon as bicultural child, went on studying foreing languages and philology at the University of Pisa and in Berlin, where I graduated in German philology. The need of self comprehension and experimentation brought me to the International School of Art in Terni, where I studied for a Master´s in Photography. Later on, I moved to Florence to complete my studies in traditional photography. Now I live in Berlin which is the perfect place/non place for my neverending research. The places that I describe through my photography are always closely linked to my personal experience, I recognize myself in them.
MY WORK IS DEVELOPING IN THIS DIRECTION, THE RESEARCH OF A PLACE / NON-PLACE THAT IS REDUCED TO THE ESSENTIAL WHEN A MATERIAL HOME DOES NOT EXIST.
DISCOVER MY METHOD
PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEO / PERFORMANCE
EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY / CHANNELING / ART THERAPHY
PROJECT MANAGER / CULTURAL EXPERT
LANGUAGES: DEUTSCH / ENGLISH / ITALIANO / MAGYAR
Die Maske als Ausdrucksmittel der nonverbalen Kommunikation (Photography/Empowerment Workshop), Berlin 2017/8.
When the Moon called me Daughter (Photography), Berlin/Tuscany, 2016/7.
Tillandsia (Installation), Genova, 2017.
Fukushima (Video) in collaboration with Annalisa Maggiani and Werkstatt der Kulturen. Berlin, 2016.
Nächster Halt (Video), in collaboration with Eloisa Guarracino, sponsored by DaMigra-MUT. Berlin, 2016.
Én vagyok (Photography), a work about borders and skin, Berlin, 2016.
La Vita è meravigliosa (Printed performance), Montecarlo (Lucca), 2016.
Létező falak. Existing walls. (Videoperformance) Museum Europäischer Kulturen in Dahlem (MEK) “Erfüllbare Träume? Italienerinnen in Berlin”, in collaboration with Rete Donne e.V. and MEK, Berlin, 2015.
Europas Snacks, (Photography) a project in collaboration with Bocconcini di cultura e.V., Berlin, 2015.
Jeanne D´Arc, (Photography), I´VR Isabel Vollrath Atelier in Berlin, 2015.
www.retedonneberlino.wordpres.com (Website), Rete Donne Berlino, Berlin, 2014.
Il Sorriso dei miei Bimbi, (Photography) Favela Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro, 2014.
Washed by Nails, (Photography), Berlin.
POSI+TIVE MAGAZINE, Department of Photography, Berlin, 2012/15.
The heart technique (Photography), Aquila Nera Onlus, Santa Luce (PI), 2012/2014.
- DIE MASKE ALS AUSDRUCKSMITTEL DER NONVERBALEN KOMMUNIKATION / Photography / S.U.S.I. Interkulturelles Frauenzentrum Berlin / 01.03-22.03.2018. Berlin.
- NÄCHSTER HALT. FILMVORFÜHRUNG / S.U.S.I. Interkulturelles Frauenzentrum Berlin / 30.10.2017. Berlin.
- ONDE. UN DIALOGO CON L´ONDA- EIN DIALOG MIT DER WELLE / Video / An der Urania / Italia Festival Berlin / 09.09-10.09.2017. Berlin.
- WALLS-GRENZEN-MAUERN / “LÉTEZŐ FALAK. EXISTING WALLS” / Videoframes / Kapelle der Versöhnung, Wall Memorial / 01.06-02.07.2017. Berlin.
- BERLIN-GLOBAL-VILLAGE / NÄCHSTER HALT / Video / Am Sudhaus, Kindl-Brauerei / 14.06.2017. Berlin.
- ABSEITS / “WHEN THE MOON CALLED ME DAUGHTER” / Photography / Aff Galerie / 24.03.-02.04.2017. Berlin.
- FRAGILE. HANDLE WITH CARE / “TILLANDSIA” / Installation / Museoteatro della Commenda (Commenda di Prè), Genova, Mu.MA – Istituzione Musei del Mare e delle Migrazioni / 13.01.-27.01.2017. Genova (IT).
- REPLAY, IL VIZIO DELL´ERRORE / “LÉTEZŐ FALAK. EXISTING WALLS” / Video-Performance / Sala Messina-Ex pescheria / 25.11.-04.12.2016. Giarre (Catania, IT).
- ERFÜLLBARE TRÄUME? ITALIENERINNEN IN BERLIN / “LÉTEZŐ FALAK. EXISTING WALLS” / Video-Performance / Museum Europäischer Kulturen Berlin / 31.05.2015-08.01.2017. Berlin.
THE FEMININE & THE MASCULINE
The masculine and the feminine, the Yin and the Yang, the soul and animus, by definition, are consciousness or energies that each of us possesses in equal quantities, man and woman alike. Each of these energies is like a face of the same coin. Neither side is more or less important than the other side, both are very important and necessary to achieve a balance.
The amount of energy we express leads us to have masculine or feminine characteristics. The family, culture, religion and society in which we grew up have great influence in the energy we express.
When our masculine and feminine energies are not complementary to each other, but interfere with each other we will feel confusion and agitation, incompleteness and a disconnection in ourselves and with the outside world, including relationships with others.
Once one is able to look at life by recognizing and welcoming both energies as a man, one can allow oneself to express feminine energy without feeling a threat to manhood, because manhood is already strong and developed. And as a woman, you can allow yourself to express male energy without feeling a threat to femininity, because your femininity is already strong and developed.
Gloria Di Capua